Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A hilarious video shows a teacup Yorkshire terrier using their human’s pregnant belly as a launching pad for a now-viral leap. The video was posted to the TikTok page @zillatheyorkie. Quickly, it gained viral popularity on the platform.
The tiny Yorkshire Terrier, named Godzilla, is seen standing on his human’s belly. Soon, the tiny dog gracefully leaps off, using the belly as a springboard. The video’s caption reassures viewers, saying “Don’t worry, baby and belly are okay.”
Due to the heightened sense of smell possessed by canines, Godzilla likely knows his human is pregnant. He may sense a different smell but not understand what is changing. However, some dogs may become extra protective of their humans during this time.
Viewers of the viral TikTok video joked that the Yorkshire terrier and baby had already formed a bond. “They playing a game,” one person wrote. Another said, “The baby helped him get a little extra lift there didn’t it lol.” The video has received over 200,000 likes on TikTok.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!